How To Recognize Us
When the good news of a grant made by the Alliance Education and Literacy Fund gets publicized, the benefit is widespread. You receive positive attention for the important work you are doing and the Education and Literacy Fund is recognized, other nonprofits learn about the Fund's grantmaking program and are encouraged to contact us.
We publicize all grants through media relations and by featuring grant stories in our own publications, but we need your help to spread the word about your grant projects. You are most familiar with the exciting programs, events, and results you have achieved with the support of the Fund. Often, the media is more interested in hearing directly from a nonprofit organization and the people it benefits. If we coordinate our efforts, we can be more successful in getting the word out.
Here's how you can help:
• Include news of your grant in any publications you produce for internal or external distribution, such as newsletters, brochures, annual reports, lists of supporters, board minutes, etc.
• Contact local media, including weekly suburban newspapers and special interest publications as appropriate, using either a news release (contact us for samples or help) or personal phone call.
• Include the Education and Literacy Fund name and logo on signs or plaques that recognize the grant.
• Provide a link to our website on your website, if you have one.
We will help you by:
• Seeking publicity for grants through local media.
• Brainstorming ideas with you for getting the word out about your grant.
• Helping you target appropriate media outlets.
• Reviewing and editing your news releases and other publicity materials, if you need help.
• Providing the Education and Literacy Fund logo for your use as appropriate.
Please always refer to the Education and Literacy Fund as the "Community Foundation Alliance Education and Literacy Fund." It is preferred in written material to use the full name on first usage and "the Education and Literacy Fund" or "the Fund" on second reference. If you need to use our logo, we can provide it in many digital formats or as camera-ready art. Please let us know how you intend to use the logo so that we can help you achieve the best results.
We would like to receive copies of things that you publish that mention your grant, or news clippings you find about the grant. In particular, we encourage you to submit photographs — one or two carefully chosen images that best show your grant project — that could be used in our newsletter or annual report. We will keep these items in your file and may be able to use them as examples for other grantees looking for publicity ideas.